Proven solution for safe,
easy-to-use and cost-effective asset inspection
Aerial inspections can be dangerous when using ladders, scaffolding, etc..
Drones reduce the chance of injury, but they are expensive and have regulations when using.
For aerial survey, Bi Rod can be a lifesaver!
Bi Rod helps you to perform a safe, easy, and cost-effective high reach inspection up to the height of 11.5m, which is equivalent to a three-story building.
Safe aerial inspection with Bi Rod
You can inspect up to the maximum of 11.5m height without a ladder
・No stepladder nor scaffolding required.
・No worry of damaging roof.
・Can avoid slipping on steep slopes or
moss on the roof.
・Light-weight but heavy-duty material
promises sufficient strength.
・Professional high reach inspection pole you can trust.
Bi Rod makes your high area inspection easy
Just connect the camera to your smartphone using Wi-Fi. It’s easy!
・Monitor what your camera captures on
your smartphone or tablet.
・Single operation is feasible.
・Captures high resolution images and
・Bi Rod can be used where drone
operation is prohibited or restricted.
No advance registration is necessary.
Bi Rod is used in various situations
3D laser scanning
※The load capacity of Bi Rod allows mounting of Leica BLK360.
※※Please use Bi Rod with Leica LK360 at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damages.
Any questions? Please feel free to reach out to us!
How to use
What you need:
You need a smartphone or tablet, camera equipment and Bi Rod.
Smartphone or tablet which has Wi-Fi connection to your camera.
Camera with Wi-Fi function.
Bi Rod with suitable length for your purpose. Tripod makes your shooting easier.
Set your camera on Bi Rod and connect your smartphone and camera with the Wi-Fi function.
Installation of your camera:
If your camera has a tripod mount hole, use that hole for Bi Rod installation.
Your camera and smartphone are directly connected.
No extra internet connection is necessary.
Extend Bi Rod to the appropriate length.
Check the live image view via smartphone or tablet.
What sizes are available?
We have 7.5m and 11.5m.
What is the maximum camera weight?
For safety purpose, we recommend as below:
Bi Rod 11.5m type - Less than 300g
Bi Rod 7.5m type - Less than 1.5kg if the below conditions are met.
(1) The top part of the Bi Rod (the first segment) must not be extended.
(2) Bi Rod has to be fixed on a tripod and set vertical to the ground.
(3) You can use the telescopic tripod but you cannot use it on a fairly steep ground to avoid its falling.
(4) The camera you mount on the Bi Rod must have an even center of balance. It should not have an extremely unbalanced center of gravity.
(5) You have to avoid using Bi Rod under strong wind and severe weather.
(6) Avoid using BI Rod near the electric wire and cable. Even if you are about 2 meters (=6ft) away from the high-voltage power line, you may be exposed to an electric shock.
What are your recommended cameras?
For high-place inspection purpose, we recommend standard compact digital cameras with Wi-Fi remote controllable function.